F.A.Q, Cancellation Policy & Aftercare
GOT QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT ANSWERS!
BOOKING YOUR TATTOO
1. Choose your Artist
Research look at portfolios and decide who you would like to work with
2. Set up your consultation
Call, Email or Stop by the Shop
* Have a reference or an idea of what you'd like
*Have ideas for placement and sizing
*Do you want color or black & gray
*What style are you interested in?
Realism, Watercolor, Traditional
3. Book your Appointment
Secure your date by leaving a deposit
* $75-$100 for a single session
*$200 for larger pieces
*$300 for Sleeves & Backpieces
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Make sure to eat well before you appointment, bring snacks if you need, comfortable clothing that allows us to access the area being tattooed, and your ID (the state requires it at every session). We welcome your friends to come for moral support if needed, please keep it to one person. If the shop is really busy, your friend may be asked to hang out at the front of the shop.
At Chakra Tattoos we require a deposit for all appointments, this is applied to the cost of your tattoo (on the final appointment if multiple sessions are needed) and holds your appointment time. Our typical deposit is $75 to $300 depending on which artist you choose to work with.
In the event that you need to reschedule, we require an email to the artist/shop 48 hours in advance or call the shop at 732 970 4121 in case of an emergency. We will move your deposit with your appointment up to two times before it is forfeited. No Call No Show will automatically forfeit deposit the with no exceptions. 2 or more no call no show will result in refusal of service. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable. There is a 30 minute grace period for you to arrive at your appointment. If you arrive later than the allotted time your appointment my be rescheduled depending on your artists scheduling that day.
Please be aware that some of our artists are booking 6-12 weeks in advance. If you reschedule, your new appointment may occur then or later depending on availability.
1. After 3 hours, remove the bandage gently and wash with warm water & mild soap. DO NOT RE BANDAGE.
2. Apple a thin film of A & D Ointment 3 times a day for the next 2 days. After 2 days, use a hand lotion like Lubriderm or Unscented Lotion until skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition.
3. Stay out of sunlight and tanning booths until tattoo is healed, at least 7-10 days.
4. Do not soak tattoo in tub, sauna, Jacuzzi or go swimming while your new tattoo is healing.
5. Do not rub or pick the treated area while its healing. Loss of color and/or infection can occur.
6. Extreme sun and exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. This can be used by using a strong sunscreen, at least SPF60.
7. Your tattoo should heal in 2 weeks. Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: Redness at the site, green/yellow discharge (foul smelling) and/or fever.
Should you have any problems or questions please call us at 732-970-4121